Presented by the ByWard Market BIA
On this night where creativity takes over the ByWard Market, you can enjoy the market’s newest green space in the Bex Tulip Park(ing), honouring our official city flower.
We’re setting up the Bex Tulip Park(ing) in the ByWard Market – part park, part garden, part show, part music, part audience participation, and wholly Pop Art! Join us for a Nuit Blanche experience you can take home with you!
What you can expect:
• A pop-up park experience in an indoor parking space complete with grass, benches, plants and art.
• Take home a limited edition signed Nuit Blanche Bex Tulip Park(ing) Poster (70 in honour of the 70th anniversary of the first gift of tulips)
• Colour your very own Bex Tulip
• Choose your favorite Bex Tulip, add it to the Bex Tulip Park(ing) Garden Wall
• Meet the artist and watch him create a few Tulips
• Listen to some great music
• Have a great time!
The ByWard Market is a unique destination where history is present, where history is made. We believe that the urban landscape is a beautiful setting and a wonderful homage to the minds and hands of those who’ve created it. Each building, storefront or terrace in the Market entices with the promise of enchantment, offering the opportunity to be a part of the scene.
*September 18th is official PARK(ing) Day. Its mission is to call attention to the need for more urban open space, to generate critical debate around how public space is created and allocated, and to improve the quality of urban human habitat … at least until the meter runs out!